If you are interested in attempting to make a homemade gluten free stromboli, we managed to track down an excellent recipe which we’ve shared below. If you try it out let us know how the stromboli turns out in the comments below.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Stromboli Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 3/4 Cup Sweet (Glutinous) Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning Mixture
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine yeast, warm water and sugar. Mix lightly and float olive oil on top of the yeast mixture. Let stand for 10 – 15 minutes. It should be bubbly on top before use.
- Mix flours seasoning and salt and add wet yeast mixture. Divide dough into 3 parts (or 2 if you want the stromboli bigger) . Lightly dust a surface to roll out the dough. I use parchment paper to roll it out because then you can bake on the paper. Roll into a circle approx 11-12 inches in diameter (or 14-15″ if doing 2 stromboli).
- Spread pizza sauce on 1/2 of the dough and top with fillings (cheese, ham, pepperoni, sausage, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc).
- With the paper still “attached” gently fold it over and pull the dough away from the paper.
- Crimp the sides of the dough to seal the fillings in for baking. Use a fork to do this. Then trim the edges with a knife.
- This is what it looks like. Lightly spray the stromboli with olive oil. I got a Misto for Christmas and I love it! You can fill it with whatever oil you want and it doesn’t contain any preservatives.
- Place small slits in the top of the finished pocket (not shown) and bake on the parchment paper for 20-25 minutes (or until lightly browned) at 375 degrees.