We’ve had quite a few homemade gluten-free cake recipes lately, but I saw this one and couldn’t resist sharing it with our readers. Enjoy!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate chunk (for cooking)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 egg yolk
- 5 egg white (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a Spring form pan with butter and dust with cocoa powder. (do not tap out excess).
- Combine melted chocolate and remaining butter. Stir until smooth and combined. In a large bowl combine the chocolate mixture with the almond flour, sour cream, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended.
- With an electric mixture, beat egg whites and salt until stiff glossy peaks form. Add one-quarter of egg whites to the chocolate mixture to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining whites until no white streaks remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 min or until cake has risen and is barely dry on the top. A wooden tooth pick inserted comes out with a lots of moist crumbs.
- Place cake, still in the pan, on a rack and cool until warm. Cake will fall dramatically. Loosen edges of the cake with a knife and remove the pan sides.
- This cake can be combined with the Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse and topped with toasted slivered almonds. Texture should be dense, moist and slightly fudgy .
- Chocolate can be melted on low microwave setting just until melted or over a double boiler.