There are a large number of recipes for bars around the internet, but here is one of my favorites. It is a gluten free recipe for swedish nut bars that I think you will enjoy.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Swedish Nut Bars Recipe
Nut Bar Ingredients:
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups finely ground almonds
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Nut Bar Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan by lining bottom with either waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Grease the paper.
- Separate the eggs and reserve the whites.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and tripled in volume.
- Add sugar slowly, beating until very thick.
- Add extract and cinnamon.
- Slowly fold in nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold them into the yolk mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for one hour or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out and remove paper.
- Cool completely.
- Cut as needed.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and chopped almonds.