It was recently brought to my attention that we have quite a few readers who are both gluten free AND Vegan, so I’ve set out to track down a few recipes for these readers.To start us off, here is a gluten free dessert recipe which is Vegan-friendly for cookies. Enjoy!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Vegan Cookies Recipe
- 3 large, ripe bananas, pureed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup warm coconut, olive or canola oil
- 2 cups rolled gluten free oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 6 to 7 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and put the racks on the top third.
- Mix the bananas, coconut, olive or canola oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a separate bowl.
- Put together the contents of the two bowls, and stir until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate chips to the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and start dropping blobs of approximately 2 tsp. of dough, leaving 1 inch between them.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.