In case you are trying to eat right in addition to staying gluten free, here is a gluten free recipe for a whole grain banana nut muffin that I think you’ll enjoy.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Whole Grain Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons chia seed meal -or- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- *1/2 cup walnuts, broken into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup non-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons heart healthy oil -or- melted butter
- 2 ripe bananas (about 1 – 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 granulated sugar -or- agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together all dry ingredients, EXCEPT walnuts. Set walnuts aside.
- In another bowl mash bananas with a fork, cream in sugar or agave nectar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and oil or butter. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add banana/egg mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir together just until incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter 2/3 full into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out mostly clean with just a few crumbs.
- Makes 12 nice sized muffins.