Looking for a generic gluten free recipe for a yellow cake? Here is a gluten free recipe I’ve used in the past, but it requires a gluten free flour mix.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Yellow Cake Recipe
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the mixing bowl alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mix. Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan or 2 round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 minutes for the rectangular pan or 25-30 minutes for the round pans.
- Let the cake cool in the pans about 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.