Finding good gluten free foods that can be stored and traveled with is often one of the biggest challenges for someone who is in the workforce and following a strict gluten free diet. Because of this, a couple of months ago we wrote about staying gluten free on the go. But what about eating breakfast on the road?
If you enjoy reading Celiac blogs, you’re probably familiar with Gluten Free Gobsmacked. Kate has published a list of her favorite gluten free breakfast items to take “on the go” and is looking for everyones help on additional ideas. Here is what she has so far:
- Quick oatmeal: 1/2 cup of GF quick oats + 1/2 cup boiling water + 2 Tablespoons maple syrup. Pour it all in my thermos and by the time I get to school, you’ll have breakfast.
- Yogurt with berries (Especially fat free greek yogurt with strawberries and a touch of honey)
- Cheesy Egg “muffins” (no flour) from Kalyn’s Kitchen/South Beach Diet
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars (or broken into cereal chunks)
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal “Bars” or oatmeal to go
- Dried fruit and roasted nuts (Such as pineapple, cherries and almonds)
- Celery sticks and fresh hazelnut or almond butter
- Mochi/Red bean cakes (Jill just posted some gorgeous looking ones with mango inside..oh yum!)
- Yogurt, berries and banana smoothies
In my opinion this is already a pretty nice sized list, but I’m sure many of you have other ideas you can share to help Kate out. If you’d like to submit an idea to Kate, please leave a comment on her post!