There are many gluten-free cookies on the market today. If you have been gluten-free for any length of time, you have tried both good & bad gluten-free cookies. While I normally bake cookies and keep extras in the freezer, it is great to have boxed cookies available for emergencies. Yes, there are “cookie emergencies”, especially when parenting, though I am not sure who needs them more – mom or the child.
Jo-Sef’s cookies were created much like many of the others on the market – out of a need to find delicious food to feed a loved one after they are diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I love the saying on the top of the Jo-Sef website: “Gluten Free Cookies – Love at First Bite”. Jo-Sef’s cookies are produced in a dedicated gluten-free, kosher facility. The cookies are also:
The cookies are certified by the CSA and undergo ELISA testing to ensure safety.
There are 8 varieties of cookies currently made by Jo-Sef. I am not sure that I could pick a favorite if you asked me to because I thought they were all fantastic! Okay, twist my arm, how can I not claim that the Chocolate O’s are my favorite? Even better than I remember Oreo’s tasting! Some information from Jo-Sef:
- Chocolate O’s -Chocolate O’s have a rich chocolate cookie sandwiching a smooth layer of vanilla cream.
- Vanilla O’S -Vanilla O’s are made of a crispy vanilla cookie sandwiching a delicate, vanilla flavored smooth cream filling.
- Cinnamon O’s -Cinnamon O’s have the same great cinnamon cookie, with rich, cinnamon-y goodness packed into its creamy centers.
- Chocolate Animal Cookies -Chocolate Animal Cookies have a rich, chocolatey taste creating a cool combination of fun and flavor.
- Vanilla Animal Cookies -Vanilla Animal Cookies are delicately sweetened and make a fun snack or after-meal treat.
- Square Vanilla Cookies -Vanilla Cookies are made with pure vanilla for an authentic, delicate vanilla flavor.
- Square Cinnamon Cookies – Cinnamon Cookies are loaded with cinnamon flavor and are a favorite choice for superb pie crusts.
- Square Chocolate Cookies – Chocolate Cookies give chocaholics their chocolate fix in a crispy, wholesome, flavorful cookie.
The square cookies would be great for a crumb pie crust and there are 3 flavors to choose from. Another idea is to use them to make s’mores. Jon could not keep his hands off any of these cookies. I had to hide them! I handed him a box of the animal cookies one day while I walked to school to get Hannah and they were gone when I got back! I got 1 giraffe out of the whole box! I love that there are cookies that taste so good that I can count on to satisfy my sweet tooth (and Jon’s too).
Have you tried Jo-Sef’s new & improved cookies?