P.F. Chang’s has always been a favorite gluten-free dining spot for us. Not only do they offer a nice variety of choices, they have an outstanding gluten-free dessert, too. Not only are they consistent, but the staff is well-trained and they have a system in place so that it is easy to tell the gluten-free dishes from the non-gluten-free dishes. See the plates in the pictures below? Those plates are the ones you will see the gluten-free dishes served on.
Singapore Street Noodles
Gluten-free fried rice
Happy gluten-free boy and his dessert (dessert normally comes with raspberry sauce, berries & whipped cream)
I received some exciting news the other day while hanging out on Twitter – there would be several menu items debuted on April 2nd at P.F. Chang’s. I asked if any of the dishes would be gluten-free and was able to get some very exciting information that I can’t wait to share with you all! Here is the information I received from Jason at P.F. Chang’s:
-Adding 7 new GF dishes
-GF menu now consists of 24 non-dessert menu items
– Vietnamese Crab Salad
oLump crab meat tossed with green papaya, mango, apple, fresh vegetables and herbs in a zesty Vietnamese Nuoc Cham dressing
oThis is a great, light salad take.
– Crab Fried Rice
oWok-fried rice with lump crab meat, shiitake mushrooms, asparagus, egg, smoky bacon, zesty lemon and Sriracha
– Dali Chicken
oOur spiciest chicken dish served with sliced potatoes
oThis is actually another dish we are bringing back. It had a super-loyal fan base.
– Philip’s Better Lemon Chicken
oQuick-fired with broccoli in a tart citrus sauce
oThis is actually another dish we are bringing back that had a super-loyal fan base.
– Caramel Mango Chicken
oTender chicken caramelized in a Southeast Asian glaze with mango, tomatoes, Fresno chiles and Thai basil
– Asian Tomato-Cucumber Salad
– Lemon Scented Brussels Sprouts
oThinly shaved, wok-charred with ginger, garlic, Thai basil and fresh lemon zest
oPersonal bias, this side is incredible! I’ve never had Brussels sprouts like this
Looks like I am going to have some work to do next week – time to set up some lunch meetings or date night with Aaron to sample some of these new dishes! What is your favorite dish on P.F. Chang’s menu?
UPDATING with information and answers from P.F. Chang’s to address the questions in the comments below:
1) Our Tofu is not GF because it is marinated for additional flavor. There is gluten in the marinade.
2) Our chefs are constantly working on new GF dishes. Chicken is our most popular protein, and that is one of the main reasons most of our GF dishes are chicken.
3) If someone has a specific allergy, then can email us through our website. Our guest services team can help anyone with a specific allergy navigate the menu. Each dish is different, so there is no yes or no answer about corn. Our managers at our restaurants can also assist with allergy questions and prep.