A few weeks ago I wrote about Post Fruity & Cocoa Pebbles now being labeled “gluten-free” on the box. Since I wrote that post, there have been more products in the Post Pebbles line that have joined the gluten-free Fruity & Cocoa Pebbles. It seems that now the Marshmallow Pebbles have been reformulated and are now labeled “gluten-free”. The top of the box says “New & Improved”, so that must mean they removed the wheat & oat flours. In addition to the cereals, the new 90-calorie Pebbles Marshmallow Treats are also labeled “gluten-free”. The only product in the Pebbles line that isn’t labeled “gluten-free” is the Cupcake Pebbles, though there are no gluten ingredients listed on the label.
If you prefer to make your own treats, check this recipe out from the Post website using Cocoa Pebbles.
Pebbles Trail Mix Bars
*Recipe courtesy of Post Recipes
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 pkg. (10.5) miniature marshmallows
5 cups Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
2 cups peanuts
2 cups raisins
1. Microwave butter and peanut butter in large microwaveable bowl on medium high (70%) 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted; stir until well blended.
2. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave an additional 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec.
3. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
4. Press cereal mixture firmly into lightly greased 15x10x1-inch pan.
5. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
6. Cut into 32 bars to serve.
Chocolate & peanut butter is a match made in heaven, in my opinion. I may have to make these sooner than later.