‘Tis the season for apple recipes. With the cooler weather in the mornings, there is no better way to start your day than a warm muffin from the oven to go with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Carrington Farms shares this Apple & Flax Seed Muffin recipe that is naturally gluten-free.
Makes 12 to 24 muffins depending on your preference.
· 1 and 1/4 cup milled flax seed
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
· 4 large eggs
· 1/4 cup oil
· 1/2 cup liquid (syrup or water)
· 1 Tablespoon vanilla
· 1 medium apple, chopped fairly finely
· 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-muffin tin very well.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of them.
3. Let batter stand 10 minutes, then put into the muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin.
I love that there isn’t any flour to substitute as the recipe uses milled flax seed and eggs as the base. I look forward to baking these with my favorite apple variety…the Honeycrisp! Do you have a favorite apple variety?
More Gluten-Free Apple Recipes:
- Apple Crisp
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Upside Down Apple Cake
- Applesauce Cake
- Sausage & Apple Stuffing
- Crockpot Applesauce