This recipe takes homemade banana bread and makes it into a delectable breakfast treat. It is perfect for those cold winter mornings when all you feel like doing is staying in your pajamas.
You can find the recipe for the banana bread here. If you already have some made, feel free to use that or any other pre-made banana bread.
Banana Bread French Toast (1 serving – could easily be doubled or tripled)
- 1 egg, beaten with a smidgen of milk
- Dash of vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- 3 thinner slices of banana bread
- Pam (spray your pan)
1. Pam your pan and heat over medium heat for a minute or 2, just to warm up.
2. Mix up your egg, milk, vanilla & cinnamon. Dip banana bread in egg mixture.
3. Place in pan and leave alone until the one side is browned up. Don’t mess with it a whole lot, it will fall apart if you don’t leave it alone. Once browned, flip and cook on the other side.
4. Arrange on plate and add your favorite toppings. Jon likes chocolate chips & syrup (He likes Aunt Jemima, and it is GF; I prefer real maple syrup). This would be good with sliced bananas, strawberries, powdered sugar, cacao nibs….I could go on & on.
For other variations, you could try using pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, etc. The possibilities are endless.