My husband, Aaron, makes some of the best chicken in the world. There hasn’t been a cookout we have hosted where we haven’t had people lining up for seconds. It has gotten to the point where we aren’t making burgers anymore, only Aaron’s famous chicken. I am going to share a secret with you – his secret is that he uses a Kraft dressing/marinade. I also think that it has a lot to do with the love and effort he puts in slaving over the grill in the hot summer heat, as I have been unable to replicate his chicken, though I have come close.
Kraft’s labeling policies state that they will clearly label any gluten in their products. The Tuscan House Italian dressing has been Aaron’s secret weapon for years. I learned from Aaron that I wasn’t marinating my chicken long enough. The longer the meat marinates, the more the flavor soaks in. Now I try to start the process the morning of, or the night before I am cooking the chicken.
Easy Marinated Chicken
- 1-2 lbs of chicken (boneless, skinless breasts or thighs)
- 1/2 to 1 bottle of Kraft Tuscan House Italian dressing
1. Cut and trim chicken.
2. Pour dressing over chicken. Enough to give the chicken a good coating when combined.
3. Put lid on container and shake to coat thoroughly.
4. Heat up the grill or a saute pan on the stove.
5. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
There are many different ways to enjoy the chicken in this recipe. The best part about this chicken is that it reheats well, so if you have leftovers, you can use them a different way the following day for lunch or dinner. Some of our favorite ways to eat the chicken include:
- Over brown rice pasta with Alfredo sauce
- On top of a large garden salad
- In corn tortillas with chopped lettuce, avocado and tomato
- Over brown rice or quinoa
- Stuffed in a baked potato with veggies and cheese
- On gluten-free pizza
Sometimes Jon is hungry enough to heat up the chicken and sit down with the whole container of leftovers.