Blueberries are full of antioxidants, low in fat, high in fiber and packed with vitamin C. They are great to eat by the handful, tossed in a salad, breakfast cereal or in baked goods.
Gluten-free Blueberry Scones
2 cups of Gluten-Free Bisquick
1 1/4 cups of Greek plain yogurt
1 cup blueberries (recipe recommends frozen, but I used fresh; they get a little squished, but they are still yummy)
3 TBSP butter, melted
2 TBSP Sugar in the Raw
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Check to make sure the oven is at proper temperature before baking the scones.
2. Measure out GF Bisquick into a large bowl. Add yogurt and blueberries.
3. Mix with a fork. Dough will be sticky, but should turn coarse.
4. Lightly flour a cutting board with a little GF Bisquick; turn dough onto the board and lightly knead 5 – 6 times.
5. Form the dough into a circle about 10 inches around.
6. For glaze – spread butter over the top & sides and sprinkle sugar on top. (I didn’t use the butter, I just sprinkled the sugar on & patted down)
7. Cut circle into 12 wedges and place on a non-stick cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Leave about an inch in between pieces.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Do not over bake.
These are sure to please blueberry lovers and are perfect with afternoon iced tea, iced coffee or even lemonade!
Did you catch the Gluten-Free Blueberry Chia Muffins recipe yesterday? What is your favorite blueberry recipe?