Are you ready for the Super Bowl on February 7th? Do you have a favorite team that is playing or are you just in it for the commercials & snacks? The dip I am going to share has got to be one of the most requested appetizers I have ever made for any party. I have made some changes to make it a little more healthy without sacrificing any of the amazing taste.
Gluten-free Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yields: 20 servings
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia is gluten-free)
- 1 cup light Ranch dressing (Kraft is gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
- 1 1/2 cups shredded 2 % milk Cheddar cheese (Fat free cheese doesn’t melt well, so is not recommended in this dish)
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- Tortilla Chips (Tostitos are gluten-free – I like to use the Baked Scoops)
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and cook until melted.
- Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers. **This could also be made by placing the heated mixture into a baking dish & baking at 350 for 30 – 45 minutes.
If you happen to have any leftovers, which is rare in our house, this will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Here are some leftover ideas:
- Place a scoop or 2 of dip in a gluten-free wrap, such as La Tortilla Factory Light or Dark Teff, and grill or heat in a frying pan like a quesadilla
- Make a “grilled cheese” type sandwich
- Place a scoop or 2 on a bed of mixed greens or spinach
- Place dip on a toasted gluten-free bagel or roll & broil until hot & melty
- Mix dip in with some cooked pasta or brown rice
Can you tell we like this dip in our house? Enjoy!