I am always on the lookout for delicious and nutritious recipes. This Gluten-Free Quinoa Cake fits the bill. The cake is made with quinoa flour, sorghum flour and almond meal as the flour combination. The cake also calls for coconut palm sugar as opposed to regular sugar, which can help prevent blood sugar crashes that make you hungry.
Gluten-Free Quinoa Cake
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup seedless dates
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flours and dry ingredients
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla and orange juice. Then beat to combine.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut and dates by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the batter into the backing pan and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes. Then enjoy!
While the cake does have a decent-sized ingredient list, the instructions are simple, making this a recipe to add to your list of “Must Try” recipes.
*Recipe courtesy of cibo verde, a meal delivery system that prepares fresh, organic meals that personally cater to customers’ body calculations and helps them maintain a healthy lifestyle.