Christmas is one week from today! I thought this would be a great time to share a recipe from Setton Farms for Rich Pistachio and Dried Cranberry Rice Pudding. This is a great recipe to bring along to a family gathering or serve at home for a special treat. I also love that the recipe is dairy-free in addition to gluten-free.
Rich Pistachio and Dried Cranberry Rice Pudding
Serves 4-6 Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup short grain organic arborio rice
- 3 cups organic un-sweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- Dash sea salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 slices (1 inch thick) lemon peel
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries*
- 1/3 cup Setton Farms Pistachio Kernels, roughly chopped
*To make the dish even faster, substitute 4 Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, roughly chopped
To a 4-quart pot and add rice, almond milk, sugar and sea salt. Stir gently. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, or until at a simmer. Add vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks, and lemon peel to rice. Stir once more and then partially cover. Cook at a simmer over low heat until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes. Stir in dried cranberries and Setton Farms Pistachio kernels or the Pistachio Chewy Bites. Serve warm or chilled.
*Recipe courtesy of Setton Farms