Have you ever tried to make gluten-free pasta salad? If you have, you probably know what I am getting ready to talk about. If not, consider yourself lucky. Cold gluten-free pasta…how can I best describe it? Let’s just say that gluten-free pasta usually tastes much better hot.
When I first tried Ronzoni Gluten-Free Pasta a couple of weeks back, I was really impressed. This pasta really tasted like real, non-gluten-free pasta. When my husband made pasta salad a week or so later, Jon asked if we could make gluten-free pasta salad. At first I hesitated knowing how it would probably not be very good, then I remembered the Ronzoni gluten-free pasta and decided to give it a try.
So far, so good!
Ah…it worked!! It was delicious! Even non-gluten-free, picky Hannah liked it! It is even better the second day.
Simple Gluten-Free Pasta Salad
- 1 box Rozoni Gluten-Free Penne Rigate or Rotini pasta
- Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing
- Baby carrots, sliced (about 10-12)
- Broccoli, chopped and lightly steamed
- Cheddar cheese, 1/4 bar cut into tiny cubes
- Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package, rinse with cold water, set aside.
2. Lightly steam broccoli. It can be left raw, I prefer it a little tender.
3. Toss cool pasta with dressing to taste. Remember, more is less. You can always add more, you can’t go back.
4. Add in veggies, stir, add more dressing, if needed.
5. Toss in cheddar and parmesan (to taste).