Just recently I had the pleasure of sampling & reviewing the Tuna & Crackers GoPicnic meal. I have been hearing about the GoPicnic meals for a while, yet I had never had the opportunity to try them.
I was saving the meal for a time when I needed a fairly substantial meal on-the-go that didn’t require refrigeration. That time presented itself the other day. I loved that I didn’t have to keep the meal cold before hand – I simply opened the meal up and started to eat it.
The Tuna & Crackers included:
- GoPicnic Lemon Pepper Tuna Spread – Great taste, but I didn’t care for the texture – it was smooth, like it had been pureed. I prefer chunkier tuna.
- Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers – Excellent! I love these crackers and they were a perfect compliment to the tuna.
- Sweet Perry Orchards Trek Trio Fruit & Nut Mix – Great tasting trail mix, but while the ingredient list says “almonds”, there was 1. It should have been called “peanuts & raisins”.
- Sweet Perry Orchards Natural Applesauce – Great tasting & great texture. Perfect serving size, too!
- Terra Nostra Dark Chocolate Square – Organic 60% dark chocolate – hard to go wrong. I loved this!! Excellent way to finish off my meal.
The meal had 330 calories, 9 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. While I did add some fresh veggies and cherries to my meal, I felt that I was adequately full from the meal. I have a pretty good appetite and eat fairly big meals and this was enough to satisfy me. That being said, I was hungry a few hours later, but that is just how I am. The meal was great for getting some nutrition, safely.
The Tuna & Crackers meal costs $4.99 and while that may seem a little high, when you are considering that it is a full meal, it is pretty reasonable. I think that keeping these on hand for traveling or emergency situations where you may be unsure if there is something safe to eat is a great idea!! Go Picnic has many other gluten-free options to boot! Here are a few of those options:
- Hummus & Crackers
- Steak Nuggets & Cheese
- Turkey Stick & Crunch
- Turkey Pepperoni & Cheese
GoPicnic products can be purchased online on their site or on Amazon.com. Take care when ordering, as not all of their products are gluten-free. Amazon sells them in pack of 6 and if you sign up for “Subscribe & Save” you can get 15% off. This is a great option for those who know they like the meal they want to order and want to stock up. This would be a great way to start an “Emergency Survival Kit” to have on hand for these nasty storms that a lot of the country has been dealing with.
**I received the product reviewed here free of charge. The opinions here are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything.