Last month I received the new cookbook Quick-Fix Gluten Free, from the publishing company to review. This is chef Robert M. Landolphi’s follow-up to his 2009 Gluten Free Every Day Cookbook.
I love cookbooks, so I was happy to check out and review this new book. My first thought was that it had a beautiful cover and a simple title, which made me want to read more, and didn’t intimidate me. It looked modern and minimal with gorgeous food pictures on the front and back covers.
Chef Landolphi kicks off the book giving an introduction to celiac disease and how he was inspired by his wife’s diagnosis to write his first cookbook.
Robert M. Landolphi is a gluten-free chef and a graduate of the prestigious Johnson and Wales University culinary school. He authored Gluten Free Everyday Cookbook in 2009. Currently he is a certified culinary arts instructor and the culinary operations manager at the University of Connecticut. Robert writes for a variety of print media and has appeared on radio and TV. His home is in Hampton, CT.
This book is broken up into nine different chapters:
- Morning glories – includes breakfast items such as Belgian waffles; very berry muffins; and sweet cheese crepes with caramelized peaches and granola.
- Teasers – appetizers including savory, Swedish meatballs; feta-zucchini medallions with lemon-garlic yogurt sauce; and sharp cheddar potato croquettes.
- Savor your salad – salads such as roasted beet salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts; blue cheese and pear coleslaw; and panzanella.
- Tasty comforts – comfort foods including Italian herb crusted salmon; southern-style chicken and dumplings; and Gramma Nancy’s stuffed peppers.
- International flavors – cultural specialties such as tangy Thai baby back ribs; beef steak Milanese; and grilled mojo pork tenderloins.
- Pasta and rice – includes scallop and shrimp asiago risotto; parmesan potato gnocchi with roasted garlic butter; and gingered chicken friend rice with cashews.
- Battered and fried – includes favorites such as the classic fish and chips; crispy fried calamari; and jalapeño poppers.
- Manna (breads and biscuits) – including grilled pizza crust; rosemary garlic baguettes; and jalapeño buttermilk biscuits.
- Sweet treats – luscious desserts, such as chocolate and banana bread pudding; chocolate-espresso cookies; and Mississippi sweet potato pie.