Since Thanksgiving is only 3 days away, I thought it would be a good time to revisit some past posts having to do with preparing for the big day. The holidays are stressful enough without having to worry about the safety of the food we put in our mouths. I like to give myself a little pep talk before the crazy week begins. This talk includes the following :
- Have fun.
- Enjoy your family & friends.
- It’s only food – there are much more important things to focus on.
- Nothing will ever be perfect, no matter how hard you try.
- When you begin to stress out – ask yourself what you want to remember about this Thanksgiving. Is it running around in circles trying to perfect the impossible or is it enjoying quality time with family & friends?
- Give yourself permission to take short cuts or just let something be. I’ve got $1 that says that you will be the only one who notices.
This pep talk doesn’t always work, but I think this year I will be writing it down and posting it on my refrigerator so that I can reference it often. An extra yoga class might not hurt, either.
Below I have included links to some past Thanksgiving related posts to hopefully make things easier for you guys. I tried to include all aspects of the meal & holiday. If you have a specific question, please let me know & I will do my best to get you an answer before the holiday .
- Time Saving Tips
- Thanksgiving Menu Recap
- Gluten-Free Turkey Talk
- Stuffing or Dressing?
- Surviving a Buffet for Thanksgiving
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Resources
- Leftover Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Please feel free to share your tips below, too!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?