The current treatment for Celiac Disease is a gluten-free diet. There is a new study going on to explore new ways to treat Celiac Disease and you may be able to be a part of that study! CeliAction is a clinical research study evaluating investigational medication for Celiac Disease. More about the study:
The study will explore whether the study medication is able to improve the damage in the lining of the intestine caused by ingesting even small traces of gluten.
The study will also evaluate whether the investigational medication improves any symptoms of celiac disease. While enrolled in the study, you will be asked to maintain your current gluten-free diet.
If you are interested in participating in the study, you must first see if you qualify. To qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- Be diagnosed with celiac disease by a healthcare professional
- Be on a gluten-free diet
- Have experienced at least one moderate or severe symptom of celiac disease in the past month
If you qualify and are trying to decide whether to participate or not, consider this:
- You will be able to maintain your current gluten-free diet
- You will be provided with study-related care at no cost
- You do not need medical insurance to take part
- You may be compensated for time and travel
- You will help advance medical research for celiac disease
If you are interested, or have more questions about the CeliAction Study, please call 1-855-3226-ACT.
I am passing along this information as I know that we can reach a large number of people with Celiac Disease that may not have otherwise learned about this study. This is not an endorsement by me or Celiac-Disease.com. Take the time to decide if this is the right decision for you before participating.