Back at the beginning of October, I wrote a post about October being Celiac Awareness Month. In my original post, I referenced the CSA Celiacs website, where I obtained my information from. In the comments of that post, Beth Hillson (president of the American Celiac Disease Alliance) let me know that Celiac Awareness Month was actually moved to the month of May, to go along with Digestive Disease Month.
Of course I asked for documentation to reference, and Beth was very helpful and pointed me towards a PDF on their website. Beth also mentioned that Canada has also followed suit in moving to May.
Regardless of which you choose to celebrate, Zach has written about a CSA photo contest:
CSA PHOTO COMPETITION 2008
Promoting Celiac Disease Awareness Month
We have all heard that “one picture is worth a thousand words.” Everyone looks forward to seeing photos and hearing stories. As a result, this year CSA is sponsoring a photo contest to promote Celiac Disease Awareness Month. Entries will be accepted during the month of October. Entries due December 1st. Capture fun moments and action — promoting celiac disease awareness — and demonstrating that individuals diagnosed with celiac disease lead normal lives. Prizes will be awarded, and the winning photos will be prominently featured in Lifeline and on our website. This contest is open to all ages.
- All photos must be accompanied by an entry form (see page 20 or download from website)
- Snapshots/collages are welcome/from any event or activity such as summer picnics, fall meetings or CSA Chapter activities
- Pictures should be as high resolution as you can get on your camera
- Photos can be black and white or color
- NO PHOTOS WILL BE RETURNED
- No limit on photo entries, but each should be accompanied by an entry form
- No larger than 8” X 10”
- Ideally, you should save your picture in the largest size you can
- If you save your photo as a jpeg and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to add that the photo is for the competition. Be sure to include the entry form.
- Be sure you obtain permission from all persons in the photo before you submit
- Winners will be notified after December 1st
- Group meetings/speakers
- Group activities/programs
- Individuals finding success through the “WBRO-Free diet”/CSA CelKids®/Leaders/Families
- Action photos such as a walk-a-thon, bike-a-thon, cooking demo, BBQ, bake off, etc
Send photos and entry forms to:
CSA Photo Contest
PO Box 31700
Omaha, NE 68131-0700
Email photos and entry forms to: email@example.com