Angel food cake is one of those desserts that reminds me of my childhood. For most people following a strict gluten free diet, angel food cake is not an option, but it can be with the right gluten free recipe.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 12 egg whites, room temperature (to maximize volume of egg whites)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1TBSP vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate egg whites in a stainless steel bowl and let them come to room temperature.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift gluten-free flour, salt, xanthan gum, and 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar.
- Beat until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- Beat in the other reserved 3/4 cup of sugar about 3 TBSP at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold in flour mixture about 1/4 cup at a time. Once the flour mixture is combined, fold in the vanilla.
- Slowly pour the batter into a tube pan (bundt cake pan or similar) and spread the batter evenly. Run a knife through the cake to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until top is golden and sides begin to pull away.
- Cool for 10 minutes.