Have a birthday party coming up for someone with celiac disease? Finding a good gluten free birthday cake can be difficult and many of the mixes aren’t very good; however, i’ve often found that homemade gluten free cakes are typically much better tasting. If you’d like to make your gluten free birthday cake from scratch, here is a great recipe I recommend!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Birthday Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk (I used hemp milk, you may also try soy, almond or rice)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8? square baking pan. Dust pan lightly with flour.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not over bake!!
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting with your favorite gluten free chocolate frosting.