There are a number of delicious gluten free brownie recipes available, many of which we’ve covered here in the past, but I’ve always preferred miniature brownie bites because they can be taken on the go.
Once in the past we published a recipe for gluten free brownie bites, but a couple of weeks ago I came across a better gluten free recipe that I’ve listed below. Give them a try and let us know how they turn out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Brownie Bites Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer, beat the applesauce, water, oil vanilla, cocoa, and sugar until smooth. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tins. Do not over-fill.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until brownie is firm around the corners and leaves an indentation when poked in the middle. Let cool completely, then remove from the tin with a small knife or spatula.
- Frost or dust with powdered sugar if desired.