Did you enjoy the gluten free thin mint recipe we published earlier? Here is another great gluten free girl scout cookie recipe that has been getting positive reviews. This time it is Do-Si-Do’s!
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Do-Si-Do Cookies
- 3 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup brown or Turbinado sugar
- 3/4 cup natural style chunky peanut butter (drain off oil, if needed)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tb sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp kudzu (kuzu) powder, finely crushed
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Filling
- 6 Tb butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup natural style chunky peanut butter
- For the Cookies: Wait until the step where the cookie dough is chilling to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 stick of the butter in a large skillet and then add the oats. Cook the oats until they are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Keep stirring so the oats don’t burn. Once toasted, set aside and allow to cool.
- In a bowl place the various flours, oats, salt, soda crushed kudzu powder and blend. Then in the mixing bowl to an electric mixer, place the rest of the butter and beat until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla, then blend. Add the peanut butter and blend. Slowly add the oats and flour blend to the mixing bowl. Make sure the oat and flour blend is thoroughly blended. The cookie dough will still be a little soft, but it will make a ball. Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator and allow the dough to chill for about an hour.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out twelve balls of cookie dough and arrange on the cookie sheet. Press the cookies down with the tines of a fork. Then bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the cookie sheet.
- For the Peanut Butter Cream Filling: In the mixing bowl to an electric mixer, place the butter and beat until creamy. Add the peanut butter and blend. Slowly add the powdered sugar and then beat on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Taking two peanut butter cookies, spread the cream filling on the bottom of the first cookie. Then place the bottom of the second cookie on top of the cream filling. The tops of the cookies should be on the outside.