Enjoy eggplant parmesan? Here is a gluten free recipe for eggplant parmesan we discovered and thought we’d share with our readers! Give it a try and let us know how it turns out in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 Tbs. salt
- 1/2 c. gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 c. gluten free corn-flake crumbs
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Prepared spaghetti sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable or olive oil (for cooking)
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of cut eggplant and place in colander in sink or over large bowl.
- Allow eggplant to sit (to sweat moisture) for 30-45 minutes.
- While eggplant is sitting, combine flour, onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper and sage to make the flour mixture.
- Beat egg with milk to create the egg dip.
- Combine corn-flake crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano and basil to make breading mixture.
- Rinse and dry eggplant slices.
- One at a time, coat each eggplant slice in flour. Gently shake off excess.
- Dip flour coated eggplant in egg dip. Cover completely.
- Transfer eggplant slice to breading mixture and coat fully.
- Repeat steps 8-10 until all slices are breaded.
- Cook immediately, or freeze for long term storage.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil to 350-400 degrees in pan or deep fryer.
- Fry Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan slices for 1-3 minutes in oil until golden brown. Do Not Over-brown.
- Drain on paper towels and transfer to baking sheet.
- Top each slice of Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan with desired amount of spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly brown on top.
- Serve immediately for best results.
- Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan can be made in advance and stored in the freezer for up to two months.
- Freeze Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan by placing a single layer on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper directly after breading.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer and freeze four hours to overnight.
- When Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan is frozen, transfer to a freezer safe container for storage.
- Cooking instructions are the same for both fresh and frozen Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan.