Do you enjoy gluten free muffins? Chances are if you buy them pre-made, you’re probably only getting things like blueberry muffins, chocolate chip muffins, etc. If you want an interesting muffin, you’ll need to bake it yourself.
Here is an interesting recipe for orange carrot muffins that I figured I would share with everyone.
Gluten Free Orange Carrot Muffins Recipe
- 100g Ground Almonds/Meal
- 90g Rice flour (Doves Farm)
- 40g Tapioca flour/starch (Allergy care)
- 1tsp GF Baking Powder
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon (Goodalls)
- ½ tsp of Ground Mixed Spice (Goodalls)
- ½ tsp of Bread Soda
- ½ tsp of Xanthan Gum
- Large pinch of salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- 200g Demerara Sugar
- 6 Tbls vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbls of Orange Juice
- Grated rind of a Large Orange
- 200g Carrots peeled and grated (set aside)
- 60g of Sultanas
- 80g of Chopped Walnuts
- 3 X 6 Muffin Trays
- 18 Paper cases
- Pre-heat to 350F.
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice until smooth (set aside).
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixing bowl.
- Add the sultanas, chopped walnuts and grated carrot mix.
- Fill into the paper cases in the muffin trays.
- Bake for about 50 – 60 Minutes.
- Rotate trays during baking.
- Allow to cool on Racks.
- Once cooled, top muffins with icing.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!