Are you a fan of soft pretzels? Here is a delicious gluten free soft pretzel recipe which was originally featured in a recipe contest held by Pamela’s Products and quickly became a gluten free favorite! If you decide to give this gluten free recipe a try let us know what you think in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Soft Pretzels Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups warm water
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 bag Pamela’s Gluten-Free Bread Mix including yeast packet
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- Whisk together 1-1/4 cups warm water, brown sugar, and yeast in a small bowl. Allow to sit for a few minutes until bubbles begin to show yeast activity.
- Pour Pamela’s Gluten-Free Bread Mix into a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and the yeast mixture until completely combined.
- Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for one hour.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and divide dough into twelve pieces.
- With wet hands, roll each piece into a “snake” between six and eight inches in length. Lay the snake onto the parchment paper, then gently flatten the dough with wet fingers until about half previous height.
- Pick up one end of the snake, so that half of its length is lifted from the cookie tray. Twist the dough 360° and gently lay the end down again. Pick up the other end of the dough and give it a full twist in the same direction. Smooth any rough spots with wet fingers.
- Repeat with each section of dough, so that both cookie trays have six pretzel twists on them.
- Cover both trays with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Mix remaining cup of warm water and baking soda. Using a pastry brush, gently paint the twists with the baking soda mixture.
- Bake twists for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.