It seems the gluten free recipes we’ve done for cookies are among the most popular, so here is another one I’ve ran across recently. This one was donated to the Celiac community by kind people at Coyote Craft.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Tahini Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup tahini (stir well before measuring)
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat sugars, tahini, butter and shortening until creamy. Beat in egg. In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour, xantham gum, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to tahini mixture, blending thoroughly. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to take the dough out of the fridge, start the next step. In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast sesame seeds until golden brown – shaking the pan frequently, for about 2 minutes. Let cool out on a small plate, mix with your teaspoon of salt. Roll refrigerated dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball into sesame salt then place on parchment lined baking sheets about 3 inches apart. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern with tines.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks. Store airtight, makes about 4 dozen.