Traveling to Olive Garden in the near future and wondering what gluten free options might be able to you? According to Olive Garden’s website, they strive to make everyone feel at home and serve a full menu of genuine Italian favorites. Now, even those with gluten intolerance can feel a part of the experience!
Apparently Olive Garden has prepared a number of their specialty dishes without gluten and posted a gluten free menu on their website. Unfortunately, at this time, they do not offer any of their pasta dishes with a gluten free option, but hopefully in the future they will offer this (or buy some Tinkyada to serve?). Here is what is gluten free on their current menu:
- The garden fresh salad and ceasar salad can be prepared without croutons, or with croutons on the side.
Entrees (All served with vegetables on the side)
- Steak Toscano. Simply cooked with herbs and extra-virgin olive oil. I have had this and it was delicious.
- Pork Filettino. Marinated in olive oil and rosemary. This is a very pleasant meal and quite filling.
- Herb Grilled Salmon. Grilled with olive oil and herbs, my standby selection.
- Mixed Grill. Steak and chicken skewers, brushed with herbs and olive oil. All chicken is an option.
- There is a grilled chicken plate offered with smaller portions if your child is gluten intolerant.
As is always the case, you’ll want to let your server know of your special dietary needs and verify their location’s cooking staff is trained to avoid cross-contamination.
You can find an Olive Garden location in your local area here. If you’ve eaten a gluten free meal at a Olive Garden in the past, we’d love to hear your review of how things turned out in comments!