Christmas is twelve days from today. Are you ready? I’m nowhere close. My Christmas cards are sitting in the Shutterfly box ready to be addressed, but that is as far as I have gotten on that front. I still have gifts left to buy and most importantly, the Christmas tree hasn’t been put up and decorating hasn’t been done yet.
Food is another thing that I haven’t even begun to think about. Maybe that is because I have been doing the same thing for several years that it is almost like I am on autopilot. Here are some of my tried and true Holiday shortcuts.
- Peanut Butter Fudge – Takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish and never fails to wow the crowd.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – Toss everything together in a sauce pan as directed & then transfer to a crockpot to cook/keep warm. Serve with celery & tortilla chips.
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread – Not too complicated to make & it tastes like it was a lot of work!
- Cocktail Wienies – Lit’l Smokies are gluten-free. Toss in a crock pot with some Sweet Baby Ray’s or your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Veggie tray with dill dip – Marzetti’s dip is gluten-free.
- Chocolate Truffles – Ali of The Healthy Hostess shared these – 2 ingredients (both naturally gluten-free). Simple!
- Honeybaked Ham – Pick up a ham or turkey – they are gluten-free!
- Salad – Grab a box of salad, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese & some gluten-free salad dressing.Mixed nuts – dump into a festive, decorative dish.
- Cheese tray – cut blocks of cheese into cubes and display on a tray
- Chips & salsa
- Fruit salad – Buy pre-cut fruit if you are really pressed for time.
Enjoy friends and family and give yourself permission to accept what you can do and don’t focus on things you planned to do, but were unable to get to. ’Tis the season to celebrate, spend time with the ones you love and have fun!