Looking for a nice gluten free pasta recipe? There are a number of great gluten free pastas out there, but I was looking for a great gluten free goulash. Here is a recipe I’ve been using for the past coule months and I think our readers will enjoy (including those without celiac disease!).
Gluten Free Goulash Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning (or mix Oregano, Basil, Sage)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tblsp. seasoned salt
- 2 cups uncooked gluten free pasta (elbow pasta is recommended)
- In a deep pot, cook the ground beef on medium-high until no longer pink (breaking it up as it cooks). Spoon out the fat as it pools. Add the onion and garlic to the beef, and cook until the onions are translucent (about 10 minutes)
- Stir in the water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt. Heat till boiling, then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir the elbow pasta into the beef mixture. Cover and simmer on low for 25 more minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking
- Remove from heat, fish out and discard the bay leaves. Stir it up good to distribute flavors and return lid to pot. Let sit about 30 minutes before serving.
- Devour and Enjoy!