Mother’s Day is this Sunday already! That means this year is almost half over already. I really do not know where the time goes. Do you prepare a meal for Mother’s Day or do you go out? There are many places that are doing special meals or hours for Mother’s Day. Some of those places include:
- Bonefish Grill – They don’t typically open until 4:00 PM, but will be opening for lunch at 11:00 AM on Mother’s Day. They have a nice variety of gluten-free items on their menu.
- Mimi’s Café – Open for breakfast through dinner and they are accepting reservations now.
- First Watch – Breakfast – lunch. They don’t accept reservations, but have a nice gluten-free menu & a knowledgeable staff.
- Pei Wei – Great for gluten-free take-out if you don’t feel like going out or cooking
- BJ’s Brewhouse – Not only do they have gluten-free pizza, but you also can enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree at Nordstrom for Mom!
- Carraba’s – Nice gluten-free menu that is a little more upscale than some of the other places listed.
- P.F. Chang’s – Always a good choice – open for lunch – dinner with many gluten-free options. Don’t forget the incredible Chocolate Dome!
Don’t feel like going out or are hosting family? Here are some of our favorite things to make to share with family:
- Pumpkin Raisin Scones
- Lemon Bundt Cake
- Catholic Potatoes
- Glazed Ham
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Veggie Tray
- Perfect Herbed Pork Tenderloin
- Fruit salad or skewers
Of course a celebration can include any food that you like – as much or as little as you like. Adjusting to holidays can be tough when you are new to the gluten-free diet (or any diet). Can’t find a recipe to make an old favorite that is not gluten-free? Try something new and create new traditions! Never let the absence of a certain food dampen your spirit. Open your mind and celebrate the occasion. Appreciate the ones you love and the ones who love you. Life is too short to mourn food. Remember there is much more out there that you can eat than what you can’t.
Happy Mother’s Day!