Interested in making homemade gluten free cupcakes? Here is a nice cupcake recipe I discovered awhile ago that I have since tried and really enjoyed. Give it a try and let us know how you like it in the comments.
If you’d like to check out other recipe ideas, check out our gluten free recipes page!
Gluten Free Yellow Cupcakes with Frosting
- 1 package Gluten Free Pantry Old Fashioned cake mix
- 1 package Jello vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 extra large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 C orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons good vanilla extract
Note: Do not use the instructions on the side of the box.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on high speed for two minutes.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill liners 2/3 to ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If making a cake, grease the pan first, pour in the mix and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 pound confectioner’s sugar
- 1 stick (8T) of good unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons good vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of milk
- Combine half of the sugar with the butter and beat on low speed.
- Add the wet ingredients and beat.
- Slowly add the rest of the sugar while mixing until combined.
- Beat on medium-high speed for at least two minutes until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- If you want the frosting to be a little bit stiffer (better for decorating) add powdered sugar a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Frost cupcakes with icing at room temperature.