Welcome to Christmas Eve! If you aren’t finished preparing for Christmas yet, you better get a move on. The last thing you want to worry about on an already busy day is gluten, right? Whether you are hosting or heading over to a close friend or family member’s house, these tips can help minimize stress.
- Peanut Butter Fudge – Takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish and never fails to wow the crowd.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – Toss everything together in a sauce pan as directed & then transfer to a crockpot to cook/keep warm. Serve with celery & tortilla chips.
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread – Not too complicated to make & it tastes like it was a lot of work!
- Cocktail Wienies – Lit’l Smokies are gluten-free. Toss in a crock pot with some Sweet Baby Ray’s or your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Veggie tray with dill dip – Marzetti’s dip is gluten-free.
- Chocolate Truffles – Ali of The Healthy Hostess shared these – 2 ingredients (both naturally gluten-free). Simple!
- Honeybaked Ham – Pick up a ham or turkey – they are gluten-free!
- Salad – Grab a box of salad, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese & some gluten-free salad dressing.
- Mixed nuts – dump into a festive, decorative dish.
- Cheese tray – cut blocks of cheese into cubes and display on a tray
- Chips & salsa
- Fruit salad – Buy pre-cut fruit if you are really pressed for time.
Last, but not least, one of my favorite potato dishes. This dish can be made in advance, which can really be a time saver.
5 lbs potatoes
8 oz pkg. light cream cheese, softened
8 oz container light sour cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
8 oz. shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup skim milk
1. Cook & mash potatoes. Stir remaining ingredients in and pour into a large glass baking dish (9 x 12).
2. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until hot.
3. This dish can be prepared in advance & kept in the refrigerator.
These potatoes are great served along turkey or ham for that special holiday meal. Perfect potluck dish. The cheeses are even lower-fat versions & they taste just as decadent as the full-fat versions.
Enjoy friends & family & give yourself permission to accept what you can do and don’t focus on things you planned to do, but were unable to get to. ’Tis the season to celebrate, spend time with the ones you love and have fun!