We love lasagna! Jon begs me to make it weekly, so when his birthday rolled around, I knew exactly what I was going to make. As I began to cook the gluten-free lasagna noodles I thought about changing things up a bit. Why not make roll ups instead of the layered lasagna? The roll ups would be similar to Jon’s favorite stuffed shell dish, which I haven’t been able to make since I can’t find the Tinkyada Grand Shells any place. I used Tinkyada Lasagna noodles cooked per the package instructions.
Gluten-Free Lasagna Roll Ups
- 6-8 cooked gluten-free lasagna noodles (I made some extra in case some didn’t hold up well)
- 1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 2-3 tsps. Garlic Gold Italian Herb Nuggets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 jar marinara (I used Prego Three Cheese)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (for sprinkling over the top)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 8 x 11 inch Pyrex dish with Pam.
2. Mix ricotta, Garlic Gold, parmesan and 1/2 cup of mozzarella together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Lay noodles out on clean surface or cutting board and spread cheese across in a thin layer. Drizzle marinara over cheese layer.
4. Roll up and place seam side down in Pyrex dish that has a thin layer of marinara sauce in it.
5. Repeat until done. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
7. Remove cover and bake another 5-7 minutes to brown a little on top.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
This recipe can make 6-8 servings, depending on how you split the ingredients.
Jon raved about this dish and said it reminded him of his beloved stuffed shells. I can see this becoming a permanent addition to our weekly/bi-weekly menu. If I were making this for people with not-so-picky tastes, I would add spinach, Italian sausage, veggies, etc.