There are gluten-free options all over the place these days, even with online food ordering and delivery companies like Schwan’s. I have to admit that I was skeptical, but once I was reassured that all of their unbreaded meats and veggies are gluten-free, I felt a lot better. I received a couple of samples of the Boneless Skinless Grilled Chicken Breast and Alaskan Salmon to try out.
Both products arrived in boxes with individually wrapped servings on the inside and instructions on how to prepare the chicken/salmon on the outside. Both can be prepared from frozen, making them viable options when you forget to defrost dinner! The chicken and salmon both tasted great! Make sure to read below for recipes to prepare using the chicken and salmon.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST WITH AVOCADO LIME SALSA
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min | Serves 4
1 pkg Guacamole (Schwan’s or homemade)
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
4 Unbreaded Chicken Breast Filets (502), thawed
· Preheat grill to medium high heat.
· Dice avocado halves and toss with lime juice, tomatoes and cilantro.
· Grill chicken 16 to 18 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking time.
· Serve avocado salsa over chicken breast.
GRILLED SALMON & PORTABELLA WITH VINAIGRETTE
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Serves 8
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup rice vinegar
4 5" diameter caps portabella mushrooms, cleaned
6-8 pieces Alaskan Salmon (559), thawed
Salt & pepper to taste
· In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt and ground ginger until blended and oil is well-incorporated and emulsified.
· Reserve 1 cup of dressing; cover and refrigerate.
· Drizzle 1/4 cup of dressing on mushrooms. Grill mushrooms directly over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning several times.
· Season salmon with salt and pepper. Lightly brush salmon with remaining 1/4 cup of dressing to avoid sticking to grill grates. Grill salmon directly over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.
· Slice portabella mushrooms into strips and place on serving plates as a bed for salmon. Top mushrooms with grilled salmon. Drizzle refrigerated dressing generously over salmon and mushrooms.
Have you tried any gluten-free food options from Schwan’s? If so, please share your thoughts.
*The products shared in this blog post were sent to me free of charge for review purposes. The thoughts and opinions shared here are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything.