Egg whites are a great source of naturally gluten-free protein and make a great staple for breakfast or lunch. They are great for those who are vegetarian or trying to cut back on their meat intake. I used to make an egg white & spinach frittata for breakfast every day, but I fell out of the habit. The other day I was craving an egg white wrap and it ended up being one of the best I have made!
This lunch took me less than 15 minutes to put together & was very satisfying. I paired my wrap with carrot sticks and Blue Diamond rice chips.
Spinach Protein Wrap
*20+ grams of protein
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Brown rice tortilla (La Tortilla Factory Teff or homemade)
- Sea salt & pepper
1. Heat pan on stove & spray with cooking spray.
2. Cook egg whites until white/solid. Flip & add feta cheese.
3. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
4. Heat tortilla for 30 seconds in microwave. Place cooked egg white & handful or 2 of spinach on top & roll up.
**If you are cooking for more than one person, just double the ingredients for 2 servings, triple for 3 servings, etc.
If you are interested in making the tortillas from scratch, here are a few recipes:
- Gluten-Free Cooking School GFCF tortillas
- Jules Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
- Heidi’s Gluten-Free Tortillas using Better Batter Flour
- Cybele Pascal’s Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas
After having been on the gluten-free diet for over 6 years now, I really should try to make my own tortillas. Perhaps I see a new goal in my future!